- awareness of breath: how is my breath? is it whole? is it sound? am i allowing myself to breathe, consciously and wholly in order to slow down? calm down?
- awareness of emotions: emotions and feelings do not need an explanation; they only need validation and acknowledgement. let them be as it is. emotions are relative at a specific space and time. if anything is felt, it is enough.
- awareness of thoughts: in order to allow for emotional processing and “proper digestion,” we must quiet our minds and thoughts.
- awareness of limits: listen to your body. pain, presence of discomfort is an indicator/sign/message that something is not right within. listen to your body. this is your soul/spirit’s way of asking for rest and to be at ease.
- awareness of desires: we can incorporate the 7 laws of attraction to manifest our desires. what are our desires? what is it that we want in life? what is my purpose? and how do i want to live in my truth? how do i choose peace and happiness? while desires can mean material items, i’m writing about desires as the fundamental/core tenants you wish to live by.
- awareness of strengths: awareness of craft. rather than focusing on improving “weaknesses/deficits,” let’s uplift and optimize our strengths and craft. look within, re-center your energy and compassion towards within. this is the shift we all need to be the best versions of ourselves. what is my craft and how can i optimize my unique talent to provide and contribute to this world, while taking care of my needs (financially, satisfaction, sustainability, fulfillment?)
The Almost 30 Podcast: also available on Spotify and Apple podcastChecked out, burnt out but grounded through collective energy & brilliance of my community and people, the work that I do, my research or me-search. Thankful for all the work I’ve put in to recentering compassion and empathy within, because girl, it’s exhausting. But I am grateful.
1. We have to reparent our inner child, and reprogram our learned frameworks and limitations that were imprinted in our minds from childhood. all the voices/opinions that told you not to do something, that you’re not capable, that you shouldn’t do it, that you’re not XYZ enough. from media, parents, adults, others.
2. We have to open portals, and address mental and energetic blocks (what is actual background noise but were our main channels of information & belief that fed to how we perceived ourselves. how we felt about ourselves. we have to reprogram these frameworks, address these blocks & internalized beliefs that we are not capable. we have to make room for more, for healthy desires, ways of seeing/believing in ourselves. for abundance! we truly are capable of any and everything if we have faith in ourselves.
3. We have to be intentional in who we surround ourselves with, something they call “expanders.” They’re people who already have characteristics or things we want to manifest.
4. Actionable steps are the tangible steps one takes to move forward.
5. lastly, & most importantly: our self worth!!! we must embrace our full, authentic selves. We have to realize that what we want to manifest has a higher worth, and that we MUST grow, expand and align our self-worth with what we really want. (Elevation of frequencies 😎🎈)
A reminder that we are worthy and f*king amazing, and as we approach one finish line & enter a new chapter, remember your vision, intention and purpose. We are destined for greatness ❣️✨
Creating this blog was truly, a matter of time (my journey x God’s time). So welcome to my first post, an introduction to why I created this online platform. This is not a space to share my personal narrative (well, somewhat), but rather a space to share my craft, tap into my creativity, express my scholarship and research, and use my words to uplift others. This space is about transitions, healing, purpose, radical self-love and healing, books, podcasts, spirituality and faith, abundance, shifting mindsets, gut health, hormonal acne, relationships, sisterhood, energy frequencies, basically everything I stand for and believe in. These are my thoughts, opinions and reflections — my way to decompress, and to recollect from burn out of scholarship, social roles and identities, and capitalism. While I do express my thoughts freely here, I hope readers understand and respect the unspoken rule of plagiarism & “intellectual property.” I won’t even go there because my intention of creating this blog is to archive my journey of self-exploration and healing, and as a resource for those who might need some fufu vibes, love & support. A source of faith, hope & expression; & an exchange of knowledge! Cheers to celebration of life, and healing. individually and collectively. ❤